Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

As a new year begins, I find myself thinking about a New Year’s Resolution…

  • lose weight?!  Yes, I could stand to lose that extra “baby fat”
  • save $$$ and spend less  (2 kids, building a house?!)
  • become more organized (my husband would appreciate this one!)

So as I’m thinking about all the possibilities, I ask Ella what she would like to do this year.  She immediately starts rattling off, “play the Wii game, jump on my trampoline, paint, dance, and be a good girl.”  After hearing her reply, I decided that I want to be a good girl too and play the Wii game, jump on the trampoline, dance, and paint.  We have a lot going on this coming year and it made me think about how easy it might be to get caught up in those events and forget about the little things that mean so much to my kiddos.  So, my New Year’s Resolution is…no matter how busy and crazy and stressful life gets to always take time to be silly, laugh, and just have fun with my family!!  Ella told me today that I was the best Mommy in the World!  It was the sweetest and greatest compliment I’ve ever been given and I want to make sure she doesn’t change her mind (at least until she’s a teenager and then decides she knows everything...haha!)  I’m very excited about 2011 and the new adventures that are in store for us!  Cory, sorry I didn’t pick the more organized resolution…looks like you’re stuck cleaning up after me again this year…haha!!

So in keeping with tradition…

For the past couple years, I’ve done a post of pictures from each month during the previous year to see how much Ella has changed.  It amazes me every time I look at the pictures how much she’s grown in 365 days!  And now I look at Evan’s pictures and can’t believe how much he’s changed in just 3 short months!!! 

Click on the year to see these previous posts:  2008 and 2009.

Ella 2010

january 2010

february 2010 march 2010

april 2010

may 2010

june 2010

july 2010

august 2010

september 2010

october 2010 pic

november ella

ella december

 

Evan 2010

evan sept 2010

evan oct 2010

evan nov 2010

evan december

Happy New Year!  Here’s to a FABULOUS 2011!!!

No comments: