Sunday, January 23, 2011

Confession…

A blogger friend recently commented asking me “do you really have it this together and if so, how do you do it?”  Well…I laughed out loud because I feel like I barely make it through some days!  I would LOVE to say I did but that would be a lie.  To be completely honest, I am not even close to having it all together.  So here’s my confession…in the last couple months, I forgot to take Ella to dance not once but TWICE and we (I’m not taking the blame for this solely!) forgot to arrange for someone to pick her up from preschool.  When her teacher called me, I was in shock…how could I FORGET to pick my child up from preschool?!  I was now one of those Moms I went on and on talking about because they forgot to pick up their children.  The only thing I could do was CRY!  I was at work that day and I’m sure my co-workers and patients that were waiting on their prescriptions thought I was CRAZY!  I went flying out of the pharmacy crying hysterically!  Luckily, my Mom was close to the preschool and was able to get there in minutes!  I no longer talk about other Moms (PERIOD!) because I ate my words that day big time!  I am so thankful for Ella’s teachers because they told her she got extra special play time.  However, Ella asked me that night why all the other parents came and her Mommy or Daddy didn’t?!  Talk about ripping your heart out of your chest and stomping it!  I didn’t know what to say so I changed the subject and the next day I bought her a toy…I know, I know…the toy didn’t make up for it but the smile on her face made me feel a little better.  She hasn’t mentioned it since so I’m hoping it won’t be a childhood scar that affects her later in life :)

So now that I’ve confessed, I look back and read this and laugh (it took me a while to get to that point!).  But in my defense…

Who puts their house up for sale with a newborn and a 3 year old, draws up house plans, meets with contractors, and gets ready to build a house?!  That would be US!  Hopefully, we’ll retain our sanity during this process :)  I have my MomAgenda that I write EVERYTHING in and never leaves my side so I can say I’m one step closer to having it all together!  As a Mom, do we ever really have it ALL together?!  Haha!!

home_for_sale_sign_1 house plans

But no matter how busy and chaotic things can be, these two kiddos are always my top priority and make each day great no matter what is going on!

DSC_1182_6883 copy

3 comments:

Crystal Johnson said...

:)

The Presnell's said...

I think you're doing FAB as a mom!! :) Also, I can't WAIT to see your new house!!

Emily and Jacob said...

We moved into the house a month before I was due and I thought I was crazy! I think you were smart to weight until after Evan was born!
Can't wait to see your new house! I love your current house!