Cory recently pointed out to me that I had 11 totes absolutely crammed full of Ella’s clothes in the attic…so it’s time I get them out for other little girls to enjoy :) I have been working for a couple days now to get everything out and ready to sale. WOW! What a chore!! I’ve been matching outfits and dresses with bloomers for hours and hours now! Our house has been taken over by PINK totes!! Hopefully when all is said and done, we’ll have 11 less totes to move when we sell our house! I never realized how hard it was going through your kid’s clothes both physically and emotionally! It’s been fun thinking back to when Ella wore each outfit, what we were doing, and how much things have changed since that time. I’ve teared up a few times especially looking at the little baby outfits! How can it be that my once little baby girl is now a BIG GIRL?! I’m seriously buying 4T clothing already!!!!
As I was sorting through the mounds of clothing, I came across some outfits that I knew I never could part with. I also couldn’t believe how many items I had monogrammed! I now know how Ella learned to spell her name at such an early age…it was on almost every outfit she wore…haha!!
Here were just a few dresses that sent me down “memory lane”…
This was one of the first of many of Ella’s smocked dresses. I remember her wearing it and she looked like a little angel! It looks so tiny now!
This was Ella’s first Christmas dress. She wore it the first time she sat on Santa’s lap. She smiled and liked him then :)
This was the first dress I ever made Ella when I was learning to sew. My Mom and Maw-Maw taught me how to sew and helped me on my first project. I remember when we were sewing the lining we accidently sewed the leg opening closed :)
I have always loved this dress and matching bloomers. Ella wore this to have her 1 year old pictures made. She was such a ham for the camera until she got mad and kicked her cake!
These are just a few of the clothes that I’m packing up to keep! The “keeper” stack started out kind of small (well maybe not really small…haha!) but keeps growing :) I’ve enjoyed reminiscing the last couple days!! It’s just so hard to believe how much Ella has grown and how quickly time goes by! But like Cory said, it was time! And he threatened to start calling me a Hoarder!






1 comment:
Hey Mandy. Sounds like things are going really well for you guys and your newest addition. Ella and Evan are adorable! I just read this post and I know I commented on your FB post too; but seriously if you are selling any of Ella's monogrammed things, please let me know. It is fine if you have already promised someone else...just thought I would throw it out there too.
Hope to talk soon~Kristen
Post a Comment