Monday, March 2, 2009

20 Months


In 4 short months, Ella will be 2! Unbelievable, I know! Every morning when she gets up, I swear, she's grown an inch!


A Few of Ella's Favorite Things:

  • Coloring ("coror"): She wakes up in the mornings ready to color! She will sit for hours at a time with a crayon in her hand and "coror" I've colored more these last couple weeks than I did my entire childhood :)
  • Talking: We have ourselves a little chatterbox! She can and will say everything and anything she hears...including 3 syllable words!
  • Running: She's wide open and won't slow down for anything! I guess she gets that pretty honest because neither me or Cory sit down for long. We're always on the go!
  • "Oatmo" (AKA: oatmeal): If you ask Ella what she wants for breakfast you better bet "oatmo!" She LOVES peaches n' cream, blueberries n' cream, and strawberries n' cream oatmeal. We've bough enough oatmeal to own stock in the company!
  • Bath time: Ella has been taking baths in the "cuzzi" tub and loves every minute of it! It's a lot of work because after she's covered the jet with her hand for the 100th time and water has sprayed across the whole bathroom, Cory and I have to clean up all the water. Ella has also learned to "swim" in the bath tub so I can only imagine what kind of fun we're going to have at the pool this summer!
  • On Demand Studio for Kids: The "Bolick hill gang" all have a special toddler channel offered by their cable carrier that Ella loves to watch and will sit and watch for hours if you would let her. The best part is that they are educational shows and she's learned so much from watching them. The funny thing is that she even knows what button to press on the remote to get to the On Demand menu.
  • Dancing: We love to turn the music up loud and dance in the living room! Especially when nobody is home except for us. Daddy thinks we're crazy...but I did catch him dancing one day :)
  • Trains: Paw-Paw and Ella love trains! Paw-Paw has a model train that Ella loved to sit and watch go around and around. Ever since, she's been obsessed with trains. I'm going to try to talk Paw-Paw into building Ella a train table...hint, hint Paw-Paw!! :)
  • Entertaining: Ella is such a little ham! My grandparents talk about how much she entertains them during the day. She is so funny and loves attention! We joke saying that Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw are going to have to go to kindergarten when she goes so she'll have somebody to clap for her. If she does something that deserves attention, she'll make sure they are both clapping for her. It is the funniest thing! She loves to laugh and make us laugh! It's definately something we do a lot of these days!!!
  • Climbing: I was hoping she would be tired of climbing by now, but oh no, if anything she's becoming more of a dare devil!

These are just a few of the many things that Ella loves to do these days! She is such a happy girl and brings SO MUCH happiness to the people around her! She totally cracks me and Cory up everyday with something she does or says! We are enjoying Ella so much at this age. She is an independent, funny, sweet, sometimes sassy, happy, smart, full of enery girl! And we love every minute of it!

No comments: