Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy!

This weekend we celebrated Cory’s 34th birthday!  I asked one of Ella’s classmate’s Mom to make a fire truck cake for Cory and this is what she created!  She did an AMAZING job!  It looked so good that it was hard to cut into!  She even put real lights on the front of the truck!

  cory firetruck birthday cake

front of firetruck cakefire truck cake side detail 

I made Cory one of his favorite meals…chicken pot pie, mashed potatoes, homemade mac n’ cheese, and green beans.  It was yummy even if I say so myself :)  After dinner, it was time for cake and ice cream!  Ella loves singing Happy Birthday and blowing out the candles (even when it’s not her birthday!)…

ella blowing out candles

…from the looks of this picture you can only imagine what happened next.  Before anyone could grab Ella, her hair flew right into the candles.  Luckily, Cory was right there and pushed Ella out of the way before her entire head went up in flames!  It only singed a small section of her hair, but scared all of us!  Ella cried for a minute but a little cake and ice cream cheered her up fast :)  She even wanted to relight the candles and blow them back out (with her hair pulled back of course!).  I’m just glad we didn’t need a fire truck for this party!!  This was the only picture I got because I practically threw my camera when I saw Cory grab Ella.  She told me today that if you blow out candles you have to have your hair in a pony tail! 

1 comment:

Emily and Jacob said...

That Cake is Awesome!!
I can't believe Ella's hair caught on fire! A little ironic being a fire truck cake! Glad she is Okay!!