I think it’s only normal for the older sibling to be jealous when a new baby comes along. My Mom said I was extremely jealous after my brother was born so we all suspected that Ella would be jealous of Evan too. During the first couple weeks, her coping mechanism was to ignore him. She also begged to go home with everybody that came to visit. It broke my heart to see her trying to adjust and share the attention she was so used to getting solely! I tried to involve her in anything and everything possible with Evan. This seemed to help and she would get excited about her new Big Sister role. Over the last few weeks, things seem to be back to “normal” and Ella is so in love with her little brother!! We’ve come a long way in 12 weeks…
12 weeks later…






1 comment:
Aww! Ella is a great big sister! I hope Gracie will be someday too!
Post a Comment