We PROUDLY introduce the newest addition to the Taylor Family…
Evan Thomas Taylor
was born Sunday, September 26th
at 6:17 am
weighing 7 lbs 6 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long
He is PERFECT and immediately stole our hearts! He definitely was in no hurry to get here though :) My due date was September 20th and he made us patiently wait…but he was so worth the wait!! I had a doctor’s appointment Friday, September 24th and the Dr said my cervix was still not ready. So, he scheduled us for an induction on Saturday, September 25th at 5:00 pm. I was scheduled to receive Cytotec which works to “ripen” the cervix then I would receive Pitocin the next morning to actually start labor. I arrived at the hospital at 5:00pm and was told that I was not scheduled to be induced until the next evening?! NO!!! NO!!! NO!!! I couldn’t wait another day! I didn’t know whether to cry or throw a fit! The nurse told me to have a seat in the waiting room and they would see what was going on. About 30 minutes later, the nurse said the hospital had made a mistake on the schedule and they would get me into a room as soon as possible. YAY!!!! I was finally admitted and got into a room around 7:00pm. After tons of paperwork, informed consent forms, and more paperwork we were ready (I was anyway!). The Doctor made rounds around 10:00pm and I was finally given the Cytotec to get the process started. I knew enough about Cytotec and its use in labor induction that I was a little nervous because I knew it can trigger some pretty strong and continuous contractions. My cousin’s wife also warned me about her experience with it. The first hour went by and I was starting to have some contractions but nothing major. I was just thinking to myself that this wasn’t too bad and I was going to be able to get a good nights sleep before the Pitocin the next morning. Then BAM!! out of nowhere I started having STRONG contractions every couple minutes and some of the contractions lasted 5 minutes. I was one of the folks that Cytotec triggered labor without the need for Pitocin! I remember the pain of the contractions I had with Ella and this was so much worse!! There was no warning it just happened so fast! I toughed it out for a little while and then was ready for my epidural!! After I received the epidural, I was finally back on the smiling end of the pain scale. We even managed to get a little over an hour worth of sleep! The nurse came in around 4:00am to check my progress because she saw “dips” in Evan’s heart rate. She said this pattern is normal when the cervix is dilated to 9-10 cm and the baby is ready for birth! She checked and I was dilated to 9 cm…so in 1.5 hours I went from 4 cm to 9 cm. We called everybody and they were all able to make it to the hospital before Evan’s arrival. Finally, at 6:17 am Evan was here!!! It was the 2nd time in my life that I experienced LOVE at first sight! Welcome Baby Evan…we can’t wait to share life with you! Thank you God for blessing us with another healthy, happy baby!






1 comment:
Congratulations! Evan is such a handsome little man! I know Ella is sooo excited! I know she will be a great big sister! Also, I hope I never have to use Cytotec! ha! :)
Post a Comment