It’s hard to believe that in a little over a month, my baby will be a 3 year old little girl!!! She is growing up too fast!! Ella is VERY independent and insists on doing everything for herself. But, she still likes to snuggle and love on her Mommy and Daddy! She tells us that we’re her best friends…melts my heart!! I’m writing all these sweet phrases down so when she’s a teenager I can remind her of them :) When we were working on potty training, I would tell Ella that when she started using the potty she could start taking dance classes. She’s been potty trained for quite some time now so we’re starting dance lessons in a couple weeks! She is SOOO excited!! We went this past Saturday and bought ballet slippers, tap shoes, leotards, tights, and of course a matching hair bow :) She had to put her tap shoes on the minute we got home. She tapped around all evening!
It’s been a while since I’ve updated on what Ella’s doing these days, so here goes…
Ella loves to draw, color, and write her name. We started practicing writing her name right after Christmas on her new art easel. She did pretty good then, but now she’s a pro! I love to hear her talk her way through it…she says “E then two l’s then a circle with a tail. E-l-l-a!” I think she does a great job writing her name “all by myself!”
Ella also loves to read! She is able to recognize a lot of words on her own now. She has also memorized several of her favorite books and will read them to us. I love to watch her flip the pages and read so intensely.
Ella loves playing dress up. She has heels, princess costumes, and crowns that she loves to wear around the house. She loves to hear us tell her what a beautiful princess she is :) She’s our little princess, that’s for sure!!
She has a new obsession with flip flops! She begs to wear her flip flops every day! She was napping on the couch the other afternoon and woke up long enough to ask for her flip flops and then went right back to sleep…haha!! I have to admit that I look forward to flip flop weather every year, too!! If she loves shoes as much as I do, we’re in big trouble!
She asks a thousand questions a day! At first, we could get by with simple answers but now we keep getting the “WHY?” question. And I’ve tried the “because Mommy says so” and it doesn’t work with Ella…it just leads to more questions!
She loves being Mommy’s big helper! She is going to be such a good big sister! She tells everybody that her baby brother is going to have a “worm” and might pee on her…haha! She says she’ll have to change his diaper when he poops and feed him. Hopefully she’ll still be this excited once he’s here!
I still can’t believe that Ella is going to be 3!! WOW…where has the time gone?! I guess it’s true that time flies when you’re having FUN! We are definitely doing that!!!






2 comments:
Awww! Ella is growing up so fast! I can't wait to start Gracie in dance classes! Ella is such a smart lil cookie!
Thanks Laura! They grow up way too fast!! I think I'm as excited about Ella starting dance class as she is :) I have to admit that I'm one proud Mommy!!! :)
Post a Comment