Thursday, May 27, 2010

Disney Pictures, Animal kingdom Lodge

While at Disney World, we stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in a savanna view room.  Ella loves animals so I knew the resort would be a hit with her!  I think Paw-Paw Jeff also enjoyed looking at the animals.  I have to admit that eating breakfast on our balcony and watching the giraffes was awesome!  They gave us an animal guide at check-in that identified all the different species of animals that lived on the resort grounds.  Ella would sit on the bed with that guide and look out the window and try to find the different animals.  Surprisingly, she could find most of them on the guide when she saw them.  The resort was HUGE…we had to walk a mile just to get to our room :)  This was a challenge after walking a hundred miles around the Disney parks all day (especially for a pregnant woman!)

jambo house sign

akl 

(I borrowed the above picture from the Animal Kingdom Lodge website :)  I never got a chance to get a picture of the resort entrance.)

akl jambo house

 The resort had an African theme and the lobby was unbelievable!  The entire lobby and most everything in it was made of wood.  It was beautiful! 

akl lobby 4 akl lobby 3

Fire pit in the lobby

akl lobby 5 akl lobby 6

Our room with a view…

it all started with a mouse

mickey towel on bed           There were little Mickey Mouse touches everywhere!

Our view of the savanna from our balcony… 

giraffes outside hotel balcony

zebra at lodge2

more animals outside hotel balcony

Ella loved looking at the animals but her favorite part about the resort was the POOL!!  Every evening when we got back to the resort, she would beg to go to the pool!  

ella in lodge pool ella in lodge pool2

ella daddy swimming at akl 

ella daddy lying in pool ella daddy in water color

The pool had a HUGE waterslide!  I would have never imagined Ella would have wanted to slide down it but she did and ALL BY HERSELF!  Mimi took her to the top of the slide and Daddy waited at the bottom to catch her!  She LOVED it!! 

ella on water slide

We had so much fun at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (even though we weren’t there very much!).  I can’t wait for Ella to take her little brother, Evan, back in a couple years!!

No comments: