The last couple weeks have been full of new challenges but also a HUGE success!! Ella is almost 100% potty trained…WOOOHOOO!!! She is doing so good! We thought the broken arm was going to be a set-back but it hasn’t bothered her at all! She’s all about toilet paper and I have laughed at her talking about her panties going in her butt…haha!! It’s been entertaining to say the least :)
2 weeks down and only 1 more to go before we go back to the Orthopaedic Doctor to get Ella’s “beautiful, pink bracelet” taken off and more pictures of her bones! We’re hoping for good news and hopefully a much smaller, removable brace :) Ella has been begging us to take her cast off because it itches :( Cory told her that there were bunny rabbits down in there scratching her arm making it itch and she had to yell at them. Surprisingly, it has helped! She sounds a little crazy with her sudden outbursts yelling “Rabbits get out of my arm and stop scratching me!” but we’re just happy that she’s not crying anymore when it itches! We’ll take the random stares from people wondering what the heck is wrong with our daughter any day! Along with the itching, the cast is starting to stink! You know how dirty 2 year olds can get so you can only imagine the dirt, food, and so on that this cast has come in contact with. I’ve tried cleaning it but there’s only so much you can do without getting it wet (and this drives me crazy because I’m so germ-a-phobic)! We’ve also had to resort to washing Ella’s hair in our kitchen sink…at first she hated it but she’s finally starting to get used to it. I had to let her and Cory wash my hair the first time because she was scared we were going to spray water in her face. We had a traumatic water fountain experience a couple weeks back so I guess this fear stems from that?!
It’s so hard to believe but I’m already in my second trimester with this pregnancy! I’m finally starting to get my energy back and the nausea is becoming less frequent….YEAH!! We find out April 26th if Baby Taylor is a boy or girl! We were supposed to find out sooner but we’re having to wait a couple weeks because we’ll be at Disney World! At least it will give us something to look forward to when we get back from vacation! Cory and Ella think it’s a GIRL…I’m still remaining undecided :) Last time I was at the Doctor, she said if the old wives tale holds true the heart rate would be typical of a BOY?! As Ella says, “babies take time and we don’t know yet.” So…we’ll just have to wait and see :)






1 comment:
Aww! I'm sooo excited to find out what yall are having! I know Ella will be a great big sister!
Post a Comment