Wednesday, October 29, 2008

FALL FUN

This week started off busy so I'm just now getting around to updating the blog. We enjoyed a much needed relaxing weekend! It was beautiful outside so we spent as much time as we could outdoors. We stay so busy that it's nice to have a weekend at home with nothing to do! Cory and Ella left Friday morning to visit family in Winston-Salem while I worked :( They got to visit with Grandma & Grandpa Johnson and Grandma Grace. We have some exciting news...Grandma Johnson was doing so well that she got to come home from the assisted living center! We are so excited that she is home! After visiting with the great-grandparents, they spent the evening with Grandpa and Nana P. Ella loves playing with Ringo (Nana P's cat). I'm not so sure Ringo's feelings are mutual :) Cory forgot to take the camera so we didn't get any pictures from their visit.

The weather was beautiful on Sunday. After church, we went to Nana & Paw-Paw's house for lunch and an afternoon nap. Ella fell asleep and we put her down to sleep upstairs in her crib. Everyone was worried that we might now hear her when she woke up. But we were so wrong :) When she woke up she yelled "Hey, I'm up!" as clear as can be! She is talking non-stop! Her vocabulary is quite extensive and she can repeat words back to you. We have to be REALLY careful what we say around her. She's already picked up a few new words :) Cory often yells at the dogs using a few ugly words. Ella quickly picked up on it and yelled "damn dogs" at them. We're working on this :) After our naps, we headed to Maw-Maw & Paw-Paw's house. Since the weather was so nice, we took the inflatable bouncer for the girls to play in. Ella LOVES the slide! She is not scared of anything! She flies down the slide and wipes out at the bottom! It is so funny to watch! She gets her adventurous side from her Daddy because Mommy is a big chicken :) She wants to do whatever the big girls are doing. We played outside until the sun went down. We wanted to enjoy every last minute of warm weather before winter sets in.



I love this outfit on Ella! I just love the striped tights :)



Ready...


...here I come...


Wipe out! Check out the static in that hair :)

Madalyn



More pictures...



Ella loves helping in the yard. Here are some pictures of our fall flowers that Ella helped me plant. I've been meaning to post these for several weeks like I promised. Sorry!

Ella & her scarecrow she picked out


As soon as I would get it planted, Ella would pull it out! I lost a couple mums in the process.

Ella saw me pulling weeds so she started pulling up grass :)


Helping clean up the mess after pulling weeds

BOO!

No comments: