Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Protest

I came home from work to find this note on the refrigerator…

DSC_0840 

Ella immediately started chanting, “We want our swing set!  We want our swing set!”  I asked her what she was doing and she said “I’m protesting!”  LOL!  Shortly after we moved in with my parents, we bought a new playset for the kids.  For those of you that have been keeping up with us, you may remember me blogging about the wind storm that destroyed Ella’s playset a couple years ago.  We knew we were moving so we wanted to wait until we were settled before we bought a new one.  They delivered the new playset in May and until this week it has been sitting in the basement.  Hot days, busy schedules, home building projects, etc…were our excuses until the protest started!  Our little protestor got things moving and construction started!

I immediately opened the instruction manual to find out the estimated assembly time…6 to 8 hours!  Only 50 steps!  Didn’t sound too bad until we started opening all 5 boxes and found 10+ bags of hex bolts, lag bolts, washers and hundreds of various length cedar boards…

DSC_0915 DSC_0954

Bring on the power tools and let the assembly begin!DSC_0947

I didn’t get many assembly pictures because I was the only woman on the “job site” so I was in charge of reading the instructions.  We all know how men and instructions get along :)

And of course, no project can take place without a Project Manager…DSC_0950

DSC_0949

DSC_0924 DSC_0925

One of my friends said they coined playset projects as “Project Kill Daddy.”  LOL!  It did take WAY longer than 6 to 8 hours…Cory said the only way that could happen is if you had a whole construction crew :)  2 days of hard work and we have a completed playset!!  All 50 steps!

DSC_1086

And I think our Quality Control Team approves…

 DSC_1058 DSC_1069

DSC_1080 DSC_1059

DSC_1067

DSC_1089

DSC_1093

DSC_1085 

Ella told me tonight, “Protesting Works!”  Oh no!  LOL!!

No comments: