Saturday, July 2, 2011

Ella’s “Under the Sea” 4th Birthday Party

I still can’t believe we’ve celebrated Ella’s FOURTH birthday!!  It seems like yesterday I was planning for her 1st birthday!  My little princess is growing up WAY TOO FAST!  I was a little sad about Ella turning 4 but she was SO excited!  For a week before her birthday, she would wake up every morning and say, “Mommy, am I four today?”  She was so disappointed every morning when I would say “not yet.”  Finally on her birthday when I said “YES!” she jumped out of bed and went running into the bathroom and got up on her step stool in front of the mirror.  She yelled back at me and said, “I am 4!  I can tell because I’m just a little bit taller!”  LOL! 

We celebrated Ella’s birthday with an “Under the Sea” party at Aunt Candy and Uncle David’s pool.  It was the perfect day for a pool party!  We couldn’t have asked for more beautiful weather!  The weekend prior to Ella’s birthday the forecast was calling for a chance of rain.  That night when Ella said her prayers, she asked God to make it sunny for her party…and HE did!  Not only did we have perfect weather, but we had a crowd there to help us celebrate…60 people total!  We are so thankful to all our family and friends that helped us make Ella’s 4th birthday so special!!

I had so much fun planning Ella’s party this year!  Here are just a few of the details…

Invitations:ella birthday 4 invite for blog

Mermaid Cake by Kristen H:  (she makes the most amazing cakes!)

cake and cupcakes cropped

mermaid cake

close up of cake close up cake clam with pearl

Decorations: 

net with sea creatures 

   sea shells on table

octapus starfish goldfishballoons

mermaid decoration

ice cream cone containerlemonade drink stand

drink table 1

lanterns

Food:

food table

Menu:  Chips with black bean salsa, starfish sugar cookies, Goldfish, chocolate sea shells, Chic-fil-a chicken nuggets, chips with ranch dip

chocolate sea shells

starfish cookies

The Ice Cream Bar: 

ice cream table cropped

ice cream bar toppings

The kids (and adults!) loved the ice cream bar!!  The sundae/banana split toppings were a HIT!  We had bananas, Oreos, strawberries, cherries, M&Ms, sprinkles, pineapple, Reese’s peanut butter cups, chopped walnuts, pecans in syrup,  chocolate syrup, caramel, and peanut butter syrup.

ice cream bar dishes

The Birthday Girl…

ella in yellow chair copy

ella eating icecream 4 bd 

taylors at ellas party

Party pictures…

ella 4bd party in pool

taylor drew-ella4bd DSC_0347 cadence-ella4bd DSC_0061

jackson-ella4bd DSC_0105

kids in pool

evan-ella4bd DSC_0112

evan swimming-ella4bd DSC_0377

kids table-ella4bd DSC_0172

ella gracie eating banana splits DSC_0165

blowing out candles 4bd

opening presents-ella4bd DSC_0197

Seashell Crayon Party Favors:

party favors

Happy 4th Birthday, Ella!!! 

We hope all your birthday wishes come true!!

1 comment:

The Presnell's said...

You outdid yourself with the decorations!! I love it! I'm sorry we couldn't make it. I would have loved to dig into that cake. Your friend is awesome who made it! I hope one day to be that good too!!!