Monday, August 16, 2010

Roller Girl

We went to the skating rink this past weekend for the first time in MANY YEARS for Gracie and Brittany’s birthday party.  Thank goodness I was pregnant and didn’t have to get on any skates :)  I’ve never been a very graceful skater!  There were so many little ones there skating that they were running low on kid skates.  So, the girl working there hands me a pair of skates and I noticed the velcro didn’t work.  I asked her if she had another pair of skates and she said “no” then she turned around and handed me some duct tape and told me to just put that around the straps.  So, I duct taped Ella in her skates…Cory and I couldn’t stop laughing!  Ella told everybody that her skates were special because they had tape…haha!!  Cory must have been pretty confident in his teenage year skating skills because he asked for speed skates!  I was praying they didn’t have any because I could see the ER in our future!  Luckily, they didn’t have any in his size :)  Ella was a little uneasy at first, but after watching her Daddy show off she decided she wanted to give it a try.  I think they both had fun!!

ella daddy skating3 cropped

daddy  ella skating1 edit

birthday girls The birthday girls!

No comments: