Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Greatest Show On Earth

ringling_brothers_circus500 

Zing…Zang…Zoom!   A couple months ago, we (along with our good friends and neighbors) splurged and bought front row circus tickets for the girls.  Little did we know that we would be getting another HUGE snow storm the same weekend!  2 snow storms in one winter…this hasn’t happened in YEARS!!  All week as we watched the weather, we became more and more nervous!  The circus was the only thing Ella talked about ALL week…so we had to find a way to make it to the circus!  A friend told us that she was able to exchange her tickets for another night so I quickly got on the phone with Ticketmaster and they did the same for us!!  Yeah for Ticketmaster!!!  As we were leaving for the circus, the snow was just getting started so it was a good trip there.  The ride home is another story…but we made it home safely!!  The circus was so much fun!!!  The show itself was amazing!  We were “Circus Celebrities” and got special seating, Celebrity passes, and got to go on the floor for part of the circus.  The girls LOVED it!!  Ella introduced herself to one of the clowns and told the clown she was pretty :)  Our favorite part of the circus was the elephants!!  It’s amazing that an animal of that size can perform some of the tricks they did!  The girls had so much fun and so did the “big kids”!  I didn’t take a lot of pictures because I was so into the show!  I was scared I was going to miss something :)

 circus clown3circus clown2

This clown cracked me up!  He kept coming by us and posing before the circus started.  I could have gotten myself a clown!  I think I lost interest when I saw him picking his nose :)

elephant standing on trunk

Okay…thousands of pounds of elephant balanced on it’s trunk…I can’t even hold my 100 something pounds up using my arms?! 

elephants at circus

elephant sitting mom ella at circus cropped

Mimi and Ella waiting on the circus to start

ella maddie at circus-cropped Ella and her BFF Madalyn!  These girls LOVED the circus!  Ella looks so sleepy…this was approaching bedtime and we still had a 2 hour ride home :(

No comments: