Monday, January 18, 2010

Oh-No…The Big 3-0!

Last Thursday, I celebrated the BIG 3-0 birthday!!  My Aunt Cindy said it best…I’m 20 with 10 years experience :)  I can honestly say that I really didn’t mind turning 30 like I once thought I would!   I had such a fabulous birthday thanks to my wonderful husband!  He spent a lot of time planning the perfect day/weekend for me!  I woke up Thursday morning and Ella sang Happy Birthday to MY Mommy…so sweet…and then took my picture with her camera :)  Later, I got my favorite flowers (daisies) from Ella!  I told Cory that I didn’t want to make a big deal about my 30th birthday, but they (my Mom…who claims to know nothing about it & Cory) put my picture in the paper along with “Mandy Taylor don’t be sad.  Turning 30 isn’t that bad.”  All I have to say is…  Thanks Mom for putting a cute picture and not one of those 80’s bad hair pics :)  Cory also planned a nice dinner with our family and got me a cake from my favorite bakery.  Cory told me that we were going somewhere for the weekend, but wouldn’t tell me where.  (It was torture not knowing b/c I don’t do good with surprises!)  So Friday morning, after a TON of nagging, he told me that we were going to Grove Park Inn for a weekend of relaxing and pampering at the spa!  He made reservations for our room, dinner, breakfast in bed, and spa treatments…I am sooo proud!  We had a couples massage and it was the first time Cory has ever had a massage…we’re in trouble because he’s now hooked!  Now he understands why I think it’s a necessity :)  It was the perfect birthday present!!!!!!!  We had so much fun!!  Thanks Cory for making me feel so special and loved!!!!  It was the best birthday ever!!!

mommy ella blowing out candles

ella eating cake-30thyummy cake-30th

taylors-mandy 30th

janna mandy

Janna Banana & Minnie :)  I definitely think we still look 20!

No comments: