Monday, December 14, 2009

I’ve Gone Christmas Crazy!!

Okay, so this year after the compromise (no outside lights for Cory but all out inside for Mandy), I went Christmas Crazy!!  There are decorations on any and every empty space in my house!  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE decorating for Christmas and how I wish I could leave it up year round!  It makes the house feel so warm and happy!  And Ella LOVES the decorations as much as I do!!  It truly is the most WONDERFUL time of the year!!   I’ve seen where a lot of bloggers are doing a Holiday Tour of Homes and since some of our family doesn’t live in town, we wanted to share our Christmas decorations with you…

tree mantle with ornaments2

christmas mantle

I actually made the wreath hanging on the mirror!  I was so proud of myself!  It has lots of sparkly glitter on it and made the biggest mess ever, but it’s so pretty!!!  Everything in my house is covered in glitter!  Including the dogs! 

living room tree-edit

 living room tree topper ornaments on living room tree ornaments on living room tree2ornaments on living room tree3 

And since my mantle was sparkly…I had to make the tree sparkly too!  So needless to say, I will probably NEVER get rid of all the glitter in my house!  Cory is being a pretty good sport about it all…thank goodness for the Rainbow vacuum!!  

presents

These presents are one of my favorite Christmas decorations!  They almost didn’t make it this year (or maybe it was me that almost didn’t make it)…anyway, I was half way up the attic ladder when Cory dropped the biggest box and it came crashing down on my head and almost knocked me off the ladder!!  He better be glad that I couldn’t get to him because he started laughing. 

This is the tree we put up in the dining room.  Ella absolutely LOVES this tree because it’s covered in candy ornaments! 

candy dining room tree candy tree ornaments

candy tree topper close up candy tree topper

 more ornaments on candy tree close up MC on candy tree

peppermints on candy tree 

I am in LOVE with Ella’s tree in her room!  It turned out so cute!  Ella has redecorated this tree so many times since we put it up!  She has a new favorite ornament everyday. 

ella tree ella tree topper

ella tree ornaments ella train ornament

I actually thought I was done decorating once I put up all 3 trees and all my other Christmas stuff out…but a little decorating elf from SC came up for Thanksgiving and talked me into decorating the columns in my foyer.  And once again, we made another HUGE glittery mess!!  But, I’m glad we did because I LOVE it!!! 

foyer garland 2

foyer garland garland close-up

garland side garland ornaments close-up

elf on a shelf

And here’s our elf that Ella calls “Elf”…so he officially doesn’t have a name yet.  But he’s been keeping tabs on Ella and reporting to Santa every night!!  

wreath over sink   kitchen decorations

santa cookie plate

willow tree nativity

This Willow Tree Nativity is by far my FAVORITE Christmas decoration!  This is the reason we celebrate Christmas!  It’s fun putting up the Christmas trees and getting covered in glitter and waiting for Santa to arrive with lots of toys, but so often we forget to take the time to remember what CHRISTmas is all about!!  I pray that everyone takes time during this busy holiday season to remember the true meaning of Christmas and celebrate Jesus’ birthday!

Ella has a Little People Nativity set that she loves playing with and she also loves looking at Mommy’s “Baby Jesus” and even though she’s not supposed to touch it you can see that the black sheep on the left is turned around.  When I asked her who turned it, she said “Baby Jesus.” 

dear santa

We’ll see what Santa thinks soon!!!

Merry Christmas from our home to yours!  We hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!!! 

3 comments:

lauravandiford said...

The more glitter the better! Your decorations are gorgeous! Love it!

Mandy said...

My thoughts exactly!! You can never have enough glitter...although, my hubby might disagree :)

Traci said...

I am IN love with your decorating!! So adorable and trendy.

Does your hubby work for WMart? Where do y'all live?