My little monkey climbing up the back deck steps!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
19 Months
It's so hard to believe that in 5 months, we'll be celebrating Ella's 2nd birthday! I wish I could slow time down!! But I must say, that each day at our house just keeps getting more fun! Ella is extremely vocal and can say ANYTHING! We are now short-order cooks because Ella can place orders. The other morning I asked her what she wanted for breakfast and she told me "oak-meal" and "juice." Sure enough she ate every last bite of it. She also added a "nu-nu" (aka: banana) to her order mid-meal. It amazes me how much she knows and understands. She has a computer that she absolutely LOVES...thanks Aunt Candy! It has a letter identification game on it that she plays all the time. At first, we thought she was just pressing buttons but when we watched her she was identifying every letter it showed on the screen! I was AMAZED!! She can recognize and say all the letters in the alphabet. We're still working on putting them in order :) She also knows all her numbers from 1-10. We love to count everything! We were in Wal-Mart the other day and we had to stop and read the signs. She would yell out the numbers! I had several people stop me and ask me how old she was. I was so PROUD!!! I know I'm a little biased, but I think she's the smartest kid ever :) Not only do we have ourselves a "genius", but a little monkey! She CLIMBS on everything! We can't turn our backs for a second. She gets on our couch, bed, and any chair in the house. She tried climbing up on the back of the couch the other night! She's not scared of anything...keeps us on our toes! We bought a potty and are slowly going to start potty training. Ella tells us when she "poops" and "pee-pees" so we think it's time to start introducing her to the potty. I was in the bathroom the other morning and Ella came in there holding her nose. I asked her what she was doing and she said, "I pooped. I stink!" I laughed so hard! Sure enough, she did stink! Haha!!! She is so entertaining and keeps us laughing all the time. She is such a happy toddler and loves making us laugh! She has a smile and personality that lights up a room! She's definately a little show off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
I look at Ella's blog and see what a fairytale childhood that she has and what a lucky little girl she is. She has devoted loving parents and many paws and maws, aunts and uncles that adore her. I only wish every child could be so blessed. Ella can brighten up even the very worst of days, she can always make you laugh with that sweet face and the excitement she shows for everything. Ella looks so much like her mama when she was little and she has her daddy's funny personality.He has taught her some really funny faces to make. You both are great parents and I'm proud of you both.
Post a Comment