Monday, December 8, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

The Taylor house is officially Christmas ready! Cory spent half a day in the attic and garage getting all my Christmas decorations gathered up. I LOVE decorating for the holidays so I have TONS of decorations. Cory got the Christmas lights up in record time this year! This is the 3rd year we put up outside lights so I think he's finally mastered it. I have to stop and quickly tell the story of Cory's first Christmas light experience. He plans everything so carefully and thought he had it all figured out. Much like Clark Griswald, when he went to turn them on...NOTHING! 2 weeks later, a fire truck, and help from several friends & my dad...we finally had a lit up house :) I really thought we were going to be one of those houses that left them up all year long! I now understand why some people do that.

I put up the Christmas tree while Ella napped. When she woke up, she was so excited and couldn't figure out what was going on. She loves playing with the ornaments and rearranging them on the tree. Every morning she runs into the living room to make sure the tree is still there. She is equally as fascinated with the wrapped presents under the tree. She likes to climb, stand, and sit on them. They raise her up just enough to rearrange another set of ornaments. Tonight, Ella and I decorated her Christmas tree. Being the girly girls we are, I couldn't resist putting a pink Christmas tree in her room with butterflies and dragonflies. Everytime I would put up an ornament, she would take it off. I finally got the tree decorated...for now anyway :)

The finished Taylor Christmas tree

Playing with the "B-a-a-l-l"

Giving the ornaments kisses

Ella helping me decorate her little pink butterfly tree

No comments: