Sunday, June 15, 2008

Daddy's Little Girl

First of all, Happy Father's Day to all the great men in our lives! You are all loved and appreciated very much for all you do for your families! Today was Cory's first Father's Day and I think it was a very special day for him. I personally want to thank him for all he does for both me and Ella! He is a great father and husband! We both love him very much!!!


Happy Father's Day, Cory!!



Another major event this weekend was the completion of Ella's swing set we got her for her upcoming 1st birthday. Cory has been working on this project for about 2 weeks. The outside of the box said it would only take 2 adults 2 hours to complete...haha! Who are they kidding?! The assembly instructions were a small novel and there were a zillion parts! There were about 6 pages alone that were printed just to identify all the parts. I have never seen so many little pieces crammed into 2 boxes. Also in the instructions they said assembly time could take 6 to 12 hours...that's more like it! All the sweat and hard work put into the assembly was well worth it once we saw that smile stretched across Ella's face when she started swinging! She absolutely LOVES her swing!!! Cory and I also are enjoying the swing set :) I think we enjoy her toys as much as she does! I guess we're all just big kids at heart!!


Just getting started...



2 adults & 2 hours later and still no swing set...

The completed project...(2 weeks later)...

4 comments:

The Presnell's said...

Wow, that looks great. We were contemplating in getting one of those this year, but I think we need a fence first, ahh! So we will do that next year or the year after. We will just need to come and visit you! :) I can't wait for Ella's birthday!!

Caleb Phillips and Family said...

Hey Guys! Caleb has the exact same swing set. We hired someone to put it together since Adam doesn't know the difference between a hammer and a screwdriver. I hope she enjoys it as much as Caleb has.

Miss you guys!!
Julie, Adam and Caleb

Caleb Phillips and Family said...

Hey Guys! Caleb has the exact same swing set. We hired someone to put it together since Adam doesn't know the difference between a hammer and a screwdriver. I hope she enjoys it as much as Caleb has.

Miss you guys!!
Julie, Adam and Caleb

Caleb Phillips and Family said...

Hey Guys! Caleb has the exact same swing set. We hired someone to put it together since Adam doesn't know the difference between a hammer and a screwdriver. I hope she enjoys it as much as Caleb has.

Miss you guys!!
Julie, Adam and Caleb