Monday, April 2, 2012

18 Months Old

DSC_0766

My little man is growing up!  I can’t believe in 6 short months he’ll be 2 years old!!  I tell Ella all the time that I’m going to put a brick on their heads to keep them from growing and she tells me that I might hurt Evan if I do that…lol!  Since it’s been 6 months (oh my!) from my last post, I have a lot of catching up to do on what Evan’s been doing…

  • He’s wearing 12-18 months clothing and size 5 shoe (he can wear a pair of shoes out in no time!)
  • He still doesn’t like sleeping any better than he did before.  It’s a fight to get him to sleep…literally!  I’ve been head-butted a few times.  But once he’s asleep, he’s the sweetest little snuggler ever!
  • He loves to eat!  There’s not many meals that go by that he’s not begging for more.  He definitely has his Daddy’s appetite! 
  • Evan is into EVERYTHING and not afraid of ANYTHING!  He is all boy!
  • I’m beginning to think he’s part monkey because he climbs on everything!  I found him one day standing on the kitchen table within seconds of me turning away to throw something in the trash.  He can climb a set of stairs in under 20 seconds!  We get quite the workout trying to keep up with him :)
  • He gives the best sweet boy kisses!
  • He likes to play Simon Says with Ella.   He tries to do everything she does!
  • He still loves his paci!  I think breaking him is going to be much harder than it was for Ella. 
  • He is a man of few words.  I think Ella came out of the womb talking but Evan won’t take the paci out to say much.  It might have something to do with Ella talking for him???  (My Mom says I did the same thing and she didn’t think my brother would ever talk!)
  • He loves playing with trucks and tractors.  Tractor was actually one of his first words after Mama and Dada!
  • He loves to be outside!  He cries and cries every time we have to come inside.  He’s actually figured out how to open the door and let himself out a few times!
  • He’s figured out how to fight back…let’s just say Ella has a few less strands of hair!  I thought I had a few more years before I had to referee. 

Evan Thomas you are the sweetest little boy!  You may be wild, love to climb, and constantly keep us on our toes but we wouldn’t trade you for the world!! 

No comments: