Sunday, November 14, 2010

Three Going On Thirteen…

LITTLE MISS INDEPENDENT! 

Ella wants to do EVERYTHING all by herself!  She wants everything done her way and will fuss if it doesn’t suit her!  I’ve threatened several times to chop all her hair off because she fusses saying I don’t fix it right.  I thought this wasn’t supposed to start until she was in her teens!  But…I’ve been informed that I was the same way.  I just can’t imagine that?!  Even when I want to scream, I look at those big, dark eyes and that little sweet smile and my heart melts!  When she realizes I am frustrated, she always says “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to do it!  I love you, Mommy.  Give me a hug!”  It’s so sweet!  Not only is she sassy, but so funny!  She keeps us laughing with the things she says and does.  That little brain is like a sponge and soaks up everything she hears.  And of course, the things you don’t want them to hear are the very things they will say!  The other night, we took Ella out to dinner and then went bowling.  Ella ordered chicken tenders and little rolls with butter…it was so cute!  But anyway, she took a few bites of her chicken and then looked at Cory and said, “this chicken tastes like sh#t!”  Cory looked at her funny and then she tried to correct herself and say, “I mean, this chicken tastes like shrimp.”  LOL!  We corrected her but it was SOOO hard not to laugh!  I’m blaming her Daddy for that ugly word! 

Independent, sassy, smart, funny, and a whole lotta’ cute…that’s our Ella! 

ella 3 year old 2 edit

ella posing 10-20-10 cropped

1 comment:

The Presnell's said...

OMG, aha! Too funny. Skylar said that wonderful word a lot younger than Ella is, aha! I mean....dang... I realized then that Skylar was paying attention to me more than I thought he was. She is too cute and sweet. Let's schedule a play date soon!!