We've had a hard time lately trying to get Ella to bed at night. It started about a week after she gave up her pacifiers and instead of getting easier, it's gotten harder. Cory and I have been brainstorming of ways to make bedtime easier. We decided that we would try getting Ella a "big girl" bed that way we could lay in bed with her at night and read a book or whatever it takes to get her to sleep. Then we could make a quick exit and she would sleep peacefully the rest of the night :) (At least that's what we're hoping for!) We originally got all of Ella's nursery furniture from Pottery Barn Kids and that was the first place I started shopping. I was so disappointed when I found out that they had discontinued the bed that matched the rest of her furniture. Luckily, we live close to lots of furniture stores so we loaded up the trailer and headed out on the search for a matching bed! We thought for sure we would be coming home with a bed. I found a bed I absolutely loved but the store told me it would be 14 weeks before they could get it in...14 WEEKS?! That's 3 and 1/2 months...are they kidding?! We decided to keep shopping. We went to the furniture mall and they had a whole store of kids furniture. They had beds that were more like a playset than a bed! Ella found a princess bed and she kept telling us, "I like this one!" It was huge, pink, and had a slide! Heck...with a bed like that why would a kid even consider going to sleep! We would never get her to bed! They also had a furniture line by "Build A Bear" called "Build a Home." We had the nicest lady helping us. When we had to leave, Ella cried because she had to leave the big, pink, bed/playset behind. Next thing I know, the lady that was helping us was building Ella a "Build A Bear" bear. It was so cute and Ella loved it...especially it's hairbows! The good news is that they were able to order me the bed I fell in love with at the other store and it will be here in 3 WEEKS! Much better than 14!! So, in just a couple weeks we'll be making the transition from crib to bed...stay tuned for the outcome :)

The BIG, PINK PRINCESS BED...not only did it have a slide but also a playhouse underneath the bed!




Not only was this the ultimate children's bed but it was also the most expensive bed I've ever seen!!
No comments:
Post a Comment