Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

This morning we all three got up early so we could go vote. We had no idea how long we would be at the precinct voting so we decided to take Ella some snacks just in case. When we got there we walked right in and got our ballots. Cory and I had a plan of action before we got there so we could get in and out quickly and not cause a major scene. I sat down and voted first while Cory distracted Ella with her Cheerios. I recently bought Ella a new snack cup that was supposed to be "spill proof." WRONG! She managed to stick her little hands in the cup and spill Cheerios all over the floor! So here I am, crawling on my hands and knees picking up Cheerios while all these folks are trying to vote. Luckily, we picked out a booth in the corner so we didn't cause too much of a scene. On our way out the door, Ella got a sticker saying "I VOTED" that she wore proudly all day!! Today, voting took on a whole new meaning because not only do we have to think about our future, but more importantly, the future of our children!



I must say that I'm extremely happy that Election Day is almost over because this means NO MORE political commercials and telephone calls!!! I've come home the last couple days to a message on our answering machine from Hank Williams Jr.

No comments: